Dealing with annoying people

 
As we age we come across many different kinds of people, one of them is the annoying type.
Now I am going to tell you a story. I moved schools towards the end of year 10, into a school where I practically knew no one, it was kind of hard as:
  1. I moved out of a Catholic school into a normal school
  2. I moved out of a girls Catholic school into a mixed gender normal school
Therefore, at the time I was not very good at interacting with boys, in all honesty I still have a bit of trouble not being shy around them now. Anyway, I chose Geography as an option and I was sat next to a boy that let me tell you was  the most annoying person I have ever met. This is why: he always used to touch my hair, he tried hugging me, he sniffed my hair as well as always tried to put his arm around me. This probably in my eyes was his attempt to look cool in front of his friends. And silly me I reacted in the wrong way, in other words I reacted the way that he wanted me to react. I would get flustered, mad and I would push him away this made him carry on and be more annoying. When I figured that didn't work I was desperate to do anything to make him leave me alone, therefore whenever I came into the lesson I would say I felt ill and that would make him leave me alone. However that was not the proper way to deal with it. Even after that he left me alone but started annoying me whenever he saw me outside of class.

When I became more comfortable in the school I found that the best way to deal with it was to ignore him, and now it works on everybody. If you ignore people and situations then they will give up because they will realise that whatever they do to you, they will not get a reaction out of you. This is what they are looking for, they are looking for a reaction to tell their friends, most likely to laugh or embarrass you. DO not give them the pleasure of the reaction.

Many people will tell you to tell the teacher or to ask them to stop politely, I have tried and in all honesty ignoring them works well. For me to deal with this situation effectively I had to try three different things and to be honest the third time worked like a charm.

In summary ignoring and moving on will help you deal with people who seem annoying. In every new situation you have to find the best way for you to deal with it, you can get tips from others however It cannot guarantee it will work for you too.

To those of you confused and just wishing for the day or lesson to end, do not let anyone make you feel like that as you have as much right to be there as them, and you should make the most out of it and not waste it because of annoying and disruptive people. It just may be that because they are being so disruptive they will end up failing or struggling to succeed, therefore you need to focus on what is important and not focus on things that will stop you from learning and getting the best out of your future.

 Always supporting and voting for you.
Josephine Beth-xx


Comments

  1. Oh my baby Jesus he sounds like he needs the annoying mother F er of the year award. You are too kind lol, I would have done So much to annoy him back. In fact this post has inspired a new post and I'll be sure to link to yours in it (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts