Ethnicity

If a person guesses your ethnicity but then gets it wrong, would you get offended? Also is it wrong to get kind of offended.


People often guess me to be Indian. In all honesty I am not, I am in fact half Filipino and Half Thai. Although when people guess Indian, I kind of get offended, it isn't because I dislike that country.. It is because I'm sad that I can't look like my own. I am proud of my ethnicity and I want to look it as well because I love the countries. Furthermore it kind of gets annoying when people guess the same thing over and over and it still is wrong. 

I have tons of friends that tell me I don't look Indian, yet why do other people think I do? 

Personally, you can't see how other people view you, when you look in the mirror it isn't going to be the same as how other people look at you.

Ultimately, I don't think there's anything wrong with getting offended by people's guesses, therefore people have to understand that they can't blame people for getting offended for stuff that they think is little. This is down to personal opinion, as I have said many times before everyone has their own opinion and they're entitled to it. No one can take away your opinion or make it for you, they can only influence it. 

Always supporting and voting for you.                                                       
Josephine Beth-xx
 



 

Comments

  1. Hey, Josephine! If it's any consolation, I wouldn't have pegged you as Indian from your profile avatar, although there are quite a bit of Indians that look like you. You have the right to be offended if you want. Personally, I don't get offended when it happens to me because it's such a small thing to be worked up over (although I do get tired of the varied responses). People should ask instead of guess what your ethnicity is though. Cheers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much, haha. Yeah true people should ask instead of jumping to conclusions, thank you for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts