Thorpe park// conquering fears


I have been to Thorpe park twice now! But this time was definitely more fun and worth it.

 I've never been a fan of rollercoasters, I mean I'm fine with heights however I hate that feeling you get when there is a big drop. The feeling is like butterflies or as if your stomach or heart is about to come out of your body! Therefore because of this fact it has stopped me from going with my friends on rollercoasters. 

Essentially, today was eventful as I went on all of the rollercoasters at Thorpe park except for stealth, this included: Nemisis inferno, Saw, Swarm and colossus! I also had the courage to go on a lot of the other thrill rides such as tidal wave and rush.

The question is how did I get the courage to do this today, and not any other day I was at a theme park? Well my answer is I had really good supportive friends, furthermore I kept repeating to myself that "I could do it" or "if kids can do it I can do it" just as a way of hyping myself up, moreover I focused on my breathing and screamed to kind of take my mind off of drops or the "butterfly" feeling. Moreover as nemesis was the first one I didn't look at the ride when I was queuing because for some reason that gets me really nervous!

Ultimately, fear is a mental block that stops you from doing things that could enable you for example to have fun, experience new things or find out something new about yourself. Additionally, as I have said before you should never force yourself to do something that you are not ready to do, some people find it easier to proceed in baby steps, also remember that the people around you who support you can make an event easier or more fun for you! - "A problem shared is a problem halved" 

Always supporting and voting for you.                                
Josephine Beth-xx




Comments

Popular Posts