Wear what you want even with Skin conditions: Granuloma Annulare

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
July 9th 2017
I got diagnosed with GA

What is it?
Raised bumps that appear on your skin, which can be skin coloured or red. As it grows it turns into red circles. As it gets better it clears in the middle leaving it skin coloured while the outline of a circle is red and in flamed. It often can become itchy. There is no cure or cause for this condition, some research has said that it can be linked to diabetes and Thyroid. It is also most commonly seen in girls and can be seen in healthy people too. In some cases people have to live with it, but online it says that it should not last for more than 2 years.

In my case I noticed these bumps a month ago, however I did not go to the GP until recently because it became itchy, and very irritating, not to mention it looked horrible. My GA started on my forearms, it then cleared up and started on my inner arms, where it became itchy and began to grow in size. It would come and go until July , where it became constant and did not leave, new ones just kept popping up. A day after I went to the GP and got diagnosed, I noticed that it started to appear on my legs, and was super itchy. My GP prescribed me a steroid cream, which I used twice over two days, and eventually the GA cleared up, there is no longer any visible signs of it on my inner arms and legs. However, I have small skin coloured bumps on my forearms.

I watched a YouTube video the other day where he said he was in Thailand, and was dancing and saw a man with ring worm like patches on his arm who was dancing and rubbing up onto people. The Youtuber found it disgusting and labelled it as ringworm, without knowing the man or his condition, he said how the man was disrespectful and did not cover it up or have cream on it. Now I do not blame this Youtuber, because you only can judge something based on your knowledge. E.g. if he did not know what ringworm was he would have just thought the man had spots or something. But this is what makes me sad, it is the fact that there are so many conditions and diseases that so many people do not know about or have. Even more, no one knows the causes or treatments for. Even though some conditions are not as serious and life threatening as others. It is still the fear of the unknown for some.

The point of this post is that, I have read about many that are young, older or whatever age that has to suffer from skin conditions, that do not look pleasant to them or others, that itch, that cause pain or discomfort. Long term or short term. My point is do not let it make you cover up, wear what you want, people need to be educated, make people aware that its not contagious, educate people when they ask. It is not your fault that this inconvenience has developed on your skin, do not let other people make you shy away from being yourself, if its hot where the short tops, the shorts or the skirts. You are not harming anyone so why should you feel like you have to inconvenience yourself for someone else's eyes. If they do not like the sight, they should look away. You are strong, independent and have as much right as anyone else to wear what you want.

The link to the Oilatum I use to soothe it:
http://www.boots.com/oilatum-shower-gel-fragrance-free-for-eczema-150-g-10093414


Always supporting and voting for you.
Josephine Beth-xx


Follow me on my social medias:
Insta: Jxsiiee_
Twitter: Sweetjojo247

Snap: Joseyposey247

Comments

Popular Posts